LOW CARB CHILI




I can’t believe I haven’t shared this recipe with you yet! It was totally accidental, so I hope you can find it in your chili-loving heart to forgive me. I’ve been making this low carb chili recipe and a few variations of it since I first started low carb. Chili was always one of my favorite dishes so I had to find a way to incorporate into my low carb life.



 After messing with a few recipes I had I finally was able to get the perfect low carb to flavorful ratio.



When I first started testing chili recipes I was doubtful I’d be able to keep the same tasty flavors I knew and loved. But boy did it turn out to be rich and delicious. It blew my mind! When it comes down to it, the main punch comes from the seasoning that it’s name derives from – chili powder. When added to the ground beef, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, and celery, your in chili heaven.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1.25 lb ground beef
  • 8oz tomato paste
  • 1½ tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 2/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 2 celery sticks, chopped
  • 1½ teaspoons cumin
  • 1½ teaspoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1½ teaspoons salt
  • ¾ cup water (add more if needed)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Brown meat in medium-large pan. Once almost finished, drain off fat and sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over meat.
  2. Add onions and peppers to pan and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Combine cooked meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, celery, water,and tomato paste in medium-large pot.
  4. Stir spices into pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
NOTES
Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 6 servings)
Protein 14.99g, Fat 28.88g, Cals 348, Carbs 7.25g, Fiber 2.08g -- NET CARBS: 5.17g
source:http://the-lowcarb-diet.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment