10 CLEAN EATING LOW CARB SNACKS




My biggest hurdle with lower carb clean eating is knowing what to have on hand for snacks. The meals, I do semi-okay with. But snacks…. not so much.

You see, the longer I have been eating clean, the more I have gotten away from the diet side of it. For me personally, it’s sort of morphed into more about just making sure I eat whole, nutritious food, which is one of the methods of clean eating I discussed in my “What Is Clean Eating” post. So I hope nobody will get upset about me discussing snacks when many clean eaters would simply call them “meals”. If you tend to use the 6-meals-per-day method, just substitute the word “meal” where I say snacks. M’kay? Alrighty then..



The thing with lower carb eating is that you really don’t want or need the frequent meals simply because the hunger is not there. That’s not to say you shouldn’t eat because you absolutely should. But if I had to eat 6 small meals while eating lower carb, I think I’d go a little nuts and probably have a tummy ache from feeling too full. So now, I eat 3 lower carb, clean eating meals per day and supplement with lower carb, clean eating snacks as needed. And I do need them on occasion. Of course, this may all change as I start to incorporate more weight training into my routine, but this is where I’m at for now. So I’m going with it.

With that in mind, I thought I’d come up with a list that I could pin to my fridge for those moments when I have food in the house, but “don’t have a thing to eat“. You know what I mean, right? You can have a fridge full of food and still feel like you have nothing much to eat. I know. First world problems…. but still. It happens.

Now one of the huge issues I’ve had with making the transition to lower carb eating is the fact that I can’t eat dairy. In fact, butter seems to be the only bit of dairy I can tolerate in moderation. Everything else makes me swell up like a balloon. But if you know anything about low carb eating, you know that a good majority of the recipes are riddled with cheese, cheese and more cheese!

I love cheese. I miss cheese. But I just can’t use it for snacks which made my search for clean, low carb snacks even harder. But I did manage to find a few things I could use on a regular basis.
Here’s what I came up with. If you have any other suggestions for lower carb clean snacks, let me know in a comment below!




source:http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment