Baked Chicken with Curry Sauce




Years ago when my niece Kara got married we had a recipe shower, and her future mother-in-law shared this recipe for chicken breasts with a creamy sauce.  It's one of those simple recipes that really do taste good, and when I first started the South Beach Diet I ate this fairly often for an easy dinner.  Nowdays I rarely cook with canned soup, but I can see from the stats that this recipe does have some fans despite the fact that it's gone for six years without a photo!



When I made this a few days ago to take photos, I did it the way I used to, cutting the chicken into pieces so the sauce would cover it as it was cooking.  No matter how you make it, this isn't the most photogenic dish, but I hope the photos help show that it really is pretty tasty.

(Makes 6 servings; recipe from Kara's mother-in-law.)

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
1/4 cup mayo (use real mayo, it's only 1/4 cup)
1 cup low fat sour ceam
1 can cream of chicken soup (Campbells, not low fat or low sodium)
2 tsp. sweet curry powder, more or less to taste
(for curry powder, I like Penzeys Sweet Curry)
1 T fresh lemon juice


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Trim all fat and tendons from chicken breasts. I like to cut each breast crosswise to make 4-5 pieces, which gives more surface for the sauce to penetrate, but this isn't necessary.

Put chicken into glass casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray. (Use the smallest size casserole which will hold all the chicken.) Mix other ingredients in bowl, then spread over chicken. Bake 40-60 minutes, until bubbling and slightly starting to brown.  I usually check it at least once and separate the chicken pieces so the sauce is running down between them.  Serve hot
source:http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2005/04/baked-chicken-with-curry-sauce.html

No comments:

Post a Comment